Thursday, July 21, 2011
Seven Most Beautiful Places To Visit In Kerala
India is also known as the land of tourists. There are lots of places in India to visit. Kerala is one of the most famous tourist places in India to visit. It is surrounded by Arabian sea to the west and spreads over in the area of around 39000 sq km.The state of Kerala has many tourist attraction which include Forts and places, beautiful temples, churches and not to miss the lovely beaches! A tourist cannot stop admiring the architectural beauty of these buildings and the beauty of the nature the state holds!
Some of the famous tourist's places to visit in Kerala are as follows:
(1) Kochi: - It is also known as Queen of Arabian Sea. It is capital city of Kerala. It's one of the greatest tourist attraction of India. It is famous for its ports, harbors and churches. Tourists can enjoy of its beautiful beaches and keep themselves busy with the water sports. Some of the other places to visit in Kochi are Hill Palace Museum, which is hardly 11 kms away from Kochi. Apart from this, a visitor can also explore Chinese fishing nets and artificially manmade island of Willingdon
(2) Idukki: - It is a tribal area surrounded by beautiful mountains, rivers, valleys and wild life sanctuaries. The most famous hill station in Idukki is Munnar. The natural beauty of Munnar cannot be described in words. It can only be experienced.
(3) Alappuzha: It is known as a Venice of the east, famous for its backwater tourism. Thousands of tourists come across here to enjoy boat races and its beaches.
(4) Kollam: It is situated in the south west of India, also known as the hub of Cashew trading and processing industry. Kollam is famous for Asthamudi Lake. Lots of tourists come here for the eight hour boat trip between kollam and allappuzha to enjoy the great experience on the backwaters of kerala. Kollam also attracts those people who have passion for rock climbing and mountain biking. Some other places to visit in Kollam are Thangasseri, Mayyand and Thirumullavaram beach which is only 6 km away from Kollam. It is a great picnic spot.
(5) Kottayam:- It is surrounded by beautiful Vembanad Lake and paddy fields. It is known as a commercial hub of Kerala and produces maximum rubber in India. A tourist can visit forts and palaces, beaches and gardens in Kotayam.
(6) Palakkad: It is also known as the land of rivers, valleys, mountains and dams. Surrounded with natural beauty, it is one of the best tourist places of Kerala.
(7) Anathapuri: It is in Trivandrum and a must visit place for every tourist. It offers one of the finest beaches in India. Another beautiful place to visit is Anathapur temple (A historical temple and beautiful portrait).
There are many other attractions that enrich the state of Kerala. This is the reason why it is considered as a tourist hub. Not only this one of the most famous and favorite tours to Kerala includes the Ayurveda and rejuvenation tours. Kerala is internationally known for its expertise in the field of Ayurvedic medicine and meditation and this has been efficiently clubbed with the provides the holiday pleasures to give a complete package of health and fun to its tourists.
Visiting Kerala should be a 'must go' mission for people who love to travel! It is an experience that is worth the effort and will leave an unforgettable impressions in the visitors memory!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5050135